We are now living in an age when most people believe that God no longer speaks to us directly as He did with the prophets in the Old Testament and with his Apostles. That my friend is not true as GOD DOES SPEAK TO HIS PEOPLE through various means and you too can learn to hear God’s voice directing you and speaking to you.
God wants to have an intimate relationship with us just like he did in the Garden of Eden with Adam and Eve; however, for God to talk to us we must avail ourselves to him through prayer, worship and daily Bible study, ask him to direct our lives and have a desire for him to speak to us.
8 Ways in Which God Speaks To Us
Often times when people think about God speaking they are thinking of hearing a majestic voice from out of heaven, but that is not the case, though that is not impossible for him to do. Over the years I have learnt that God speaks to us through:
[tweetthis]There are 8 ways in which God speaks to us. Do you know what they are?[/tweetthis]
1) God speaks to us through the Bible- Millions of people worldwide today believes that the Bible, God’s Words is outdated and have no more relevance for us today, that is a lie from the pit of hell. Everything we need for every situation is in God’s Words the Bible; we just have to read it and apply it to our lives. I am convince that if mankind was availing themselves to live by what God says through his words then the world would be a better place today. God’s Word encourages us when we are going through difficult times, gives us warnings when we are about to or thought of doing something wrong, shows us the way we should go, gives us life’s lessons, teach us about the personality and attributes of God and much more. The Bible is the first thing God uses to help us to hear from him as the Bible is God’s breath (2 Timothy 3:16)
2) God talk to us through his creation- The whole creation testifies of the majestic power and glory of an unseen, all-powerful and loving God. When we look at the ‘authenticy’ of creation, the birds, humanity etc. we see God in action. The Bible declares, “For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities–his eternal power and divine nature–have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse ” (Romans 1:20, NIV). Through God’s creation we can hear God speaking to us of his greatness, how we should live with each other, and we can see his love and character. For example plants and animals teach us of death and live; they also teaches that just like God takes cares of the plants and the animals, he will also take care of.
3) God talk to us through prayer- Prayer is not only a medium for us to talk to him about what we want, but it is also a medium for God to direct us, speak to us of his will and to generally speak to us about various issues. The more we seek God through prayer is the closer we will be drawn to him; which further opens the door for him to share secret things with us. Moreover, the more we pray and open ourselves to hearing his voice is the clearer his voice will become to us and we’ll know that it is he that have spoken or is speaking to us. Many times when we pray God will give us an answer but it is up to us to discern the voice of God, or his leading.
4) God speaks to us through the many different circumstances we face- Sometimes when circumstances comes our in our lives it is God directing us. It is therefore important for us to be very attentive to the move of God in every facet of our lives. Therefore instead of sometimes focusing on what we are going through, try to see God moving in our life through the issues we face. We can only see today but he sees tomorrow and he has a plan for each one of us. Similarly, sometimes God will put circumstances in our lives for him to get us where he wants us whether physically or spiritually.
[tweetthis]Sometimes when circumstances comes into our lives lives it is God directing us[/tweetthis]
5) God will at times speaks to us or gives us some direction through dreams and visions.
6) God speaks to us through the voice of others– They are two ways God speaks to us through someone else, 1) when someone says or do something for us or to us that address a situation or gives us an answer to a situation we are facing. This can happen directly where the other person knows about our situation and give a word of wisdom; or it may come from someone we never met who does or speaks to us, whether personally or otherwise, about an issue we may be facing, or help us with our current situation; 2) by prophetic (direct) word through his servant. I can remember many times when I am facing challenging issues and God would use someone to speak a prophetic word in my life about the situation I am facing.
[pullquote]Sometimes God will put circumstances in our lives for him to get us where he wants us whether physically or spiritually.[/pullquote]
7) God speaks to us through revelation- They are many times I am thinking about something or heard something and God would immediately gives me a revelation. God is not confine to his Word, the Bible, as instrument to use to give us revelation as I found out that he uses anything he pleases whether it’s a sports event, nature, the Bible, issues we are facing amongst other things. A lot of the things I know now is through revelation. The closer you are to God, and the more you seek him is the more revelation you will receive from him.
8) God speaks to us through a “Still Small Voice”- One of the way God spoke to Elijah in the Bible was through a Still Small Voice,
“And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake: And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.” -1Kings 19:11-13 (KJV)
[pullquote]Constantly talking to God will open the door for him to share secret things with us…..Many times when we pray God will give us an answer but it is up to us to discern the voice of God, or his leading.[/pullquote]
Just like how God spoke to Elijah in a still small voice, is the same way he speaks to us today; this is just another one of his methods of speaking to us. Sometimes God want us to tune out of the world with no distraction or noise and just find a quit place to be with him so that he can speak to us in still small voice-through our mind. We need to be very attentive sometimes to hear God speak to us. Get rid of the many distractions and find a cool and quit place to go and mediate upon God, you will hear him speaking to you.
These are just some of the ways I have learned that God speaks to us today. God still speaks to us and he wants to speak to you today. Probably you have learnt another way in which God speaks to us, why not share it with us by leaving a comment as we would love to hear from you.
Please share this and other post with others. If you like my blog please subscribe to BibleWayMag for regular post updates that are of interest to you and your family.